CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving and More Events

We have had an eventful past few weeks. Thanksgiving was so much fun as we were able to celebrate with Kate's family the Saturday before and then able to fly to Arizona to be with Budd's family for 4 days. We had a lot of fun seeing everyone, especially Budd's family that we only see 2 times a year. The kids loved playing with their cousins. We had a lot of fun in the warm weather in AZ as we were able to play at the park and outside. The highlight for Brinlee was going with all her girl cousins to a place called "Glitter Box" where they all got their hair done like a princess, and they put a lot of glitter on it making it sparkle. I still can see the glitter on her scalp. She was dancing around and having so much fun. All the girls looked so darling. I would have some great pics to put up here, but we had another technical problem with our computer and so we had to reformat again and the disk that we saved everthing on seamed to not work, so we lost those photos. I was so excited to post them and to send them to all the cousins. I am so sorry we lost them. I have learned that I can't put off blogging, I have got to get my pic up as soon as possible in case things like this happen. I was a wreak about it but have decided that all i can do now it write about these memories so we can remember the fun we had.
Spencers highlight was playing with the swords with his cousins. He still talks about how he wants a power sword like Brayden. Luckily the sword he played with and loved, we had allready gotten him for christmas. Spencer is really an active guy and so into swords and Star Wars and tries to do kung fu moves like Kung fu Panda. It is so funny, until someone gets hurt of course, but he has been good about not hitting people. It was so funny, the other day he was playing with a round cork hot pad that I have. I was not sure how he found it but figured it was something he couldnt really hurt. Well, a few minutes later I saw that is was broken in half. He has somehow bent it and broke it. I went up to him and said, " why did you break this?" He looked up at me innocently and said "Because i am the Dragon warrior, Mom." He was so serious about it. I tried to teach him that we dont have to break things to be the Dragon warrior. But we still seam to have something broken every day. The fun of boys.

The week after thanksgiving we had Budds company party. It was so much fun. The had it at a new event center in South Jordan called "Noah's Place" They rented out the whole building, and had activities in every room. They had dinner and a DJ, doing contests and giving out prizes every half hour, and later they had dancing. There were photos with Santa, where they printed out the photo right there and gave it to us. They had 6 different crafts for kids to do, christmas movies in many rooms, wii games on big screens, pool tables, bingo, and they were giong to have ice skating, but it was outside and the weather had been too warm. It was so neat. We met some of Budd's co-workers and we realized what a great company Budd is working for. They are so family oriented. We feel so blessed to have found this company. Budd is really enjoying the job.
Here is Budd and the kids jammin at the party.


On saturday the 6th I did an Art birthday party during the day. We talked all about Van Gogh and did Starry Night. There were more than 15 kids and they had alot of fun. Here are some pics of the great work they did.
That night we had our ward Christmas party. We had a dinner and program which we were a big part of. Brinlee sang with the primary, and Budd is the choir director and we did a couple fun numbers with the choir. Then Budd, Shun and I played "Angles we have heard on High" on our recorders. The gym was loud and did not have good accousitics so you could not hear very well, but it was fun. Here is Brinlee with the primary

2 comments:

Genny said...

AWWWWEEE, your kids are so cute! I want babies! There is someone in my ward that you know--Sister Jack! I can't remember her first name, but she told me that you two did art together at BYU. Anyway. Love you Kate!

Flem said...

I DID see this I just forgot about it! It had like three different events in it so I must have blurred over the company party section. It was GREAT to see you today and hope to see you again next week!